High School Equivalency Certificate (HiSET)
Keene Community Education is an Official HiSET Testing Center
The High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) is one pathway to advance your career. The test demonstrates knowledge equivalent to a high school graduate. The High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) is administered across the state and is aligned with core standards.
- Accepted by colleges and universities as well as by employers
- Students under 18 must complete the Waiver from the Age Requirement form found on the NH Department of Education website- NH High School Equivalency: https://www.education.nh.gov/who-we-are/division-of-learner-support/bureau-of-adult-education/nh-high-school-equivalency
- Paper- based and Computer-based testing
- Test over a 2 day testing window
- Multiple testing dates throughout the year.
- Cost- $125.00 for the entire battery of tests
- Credit and Debit cards are accepted on the Hiset website: https://hiset.org/
- Create a HiSET account and register for the tests on the HiSET website: https://hiset.org/
- If you are having difficulty paying for the test, apply for a scholarship by contacting our office.
- Optional- Take a practice test in each subject area for $5.00 per test. $25.00 for all five practice tests.
- No in-person registrations. Use the online registration system.
- Questions? Call us at 603-357-0088
- How To Register For The HiSet Exam – For students under 18 – Write your HiSET account number/ID on the top of the Age Waiver
"I came to Keene Community Education because I want to get my high school equivalency diploma. I am a wife and a mother and although life events interrupted my high school education, I never lost hope that one day I would get my diploma. At this time, I have passed three of the five subject area tests. I will be taking the rest of the tests soon. It has been hard work but I have kept coming to class - I will succeed!"
"Update: I earned my HiSET certificate in April 2019. Now I am making career plans for the future!"
Sarah Thompson - HiSet Student
How To Register for the HiSet Exam
- Obtain a copy of the Request to Waive the Age Requirement at this link.
- Take the Official Practice Test.
- Register on the HiSET eRegistration system at: https://hiset.org
- Get permission from your school
- Get permission from your parent or guardian
- Submit the Request to Waive the Age Requirement form to:
High School Equivalency Office
21 South Fruit St., Suite 20
Concord, NH 03301
FAX (703) 271-4353
- You will be notified if your request is approved.
- Go back into the HiSET eRegistration system to pay and schedule your test
- Take the exam
- Once you pass, your NH High School Equivalency Certificate will be sent to you.
- Start your future
Get a job
Go to a training program
Go to college
Enter the military
Important HiSET-relevant links
- NH High School Equivalency Information
- For HiSet test takers: Use the NHDOE Release of Records Form
- For GED test takers (given prior to 1/2014): You may contact Keene Community Ed and complete a transcript request form
- Hi-Set Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)