Alternative Diploma Program

One way to finish high school

The Alternative Diploma Program offers those 16 years of age and older an opportunity to earn a certified high school diploma through evening courses. This is a 20-credit Keene School District diploma – it is a not a Keene High School diploma nor a GED/HiSET certificate. Previously earned high school credits, as well as credit for certain other work or life experiences, may be applied toward the diploma. Interested students under the age of 18 should discuss this option with their guidance counselor as a first step.

Click here for further information about this option – Pathways to Graduation Under NH Law.

To register for the Alternative Diploma program, come to our office or give us a call at (603)357-0088.

Alternative Diploma students Hayley Oefinger and Tayah Avery in Laura Mack’s Human Biology class, Winter/Spring 2018.

Twenty credits are required for completion:

  • English – 4 credits
  • Math – 2 credits
  • Science – 2 credits
  • S. Studies – 1 credit
  • U.S. History – 1 credit
  • Civics – .5 credit
  • Economics – .5 credit
  • Computer Literacy – .5 credit
  • General Electives – 8.5 credit

Students interested in this diploma option should contact Keene Community Education at 603-357-0088 to setup an appointment.

How to enroll for new students:

  • We will need an official transcript from your last high school sent to us.
  • Upon receipt of your transcript (and your current name, address, and phone number), we will contact you to advise on remaining credits needed and courses you can take.
  • Alternative Diploma students fee is $150 per class.

If you are enrolling as an in-school youth, taking classes for additional or make-up credit, or if you are enrolling as a “refresher” student, taking classes for review or enrichment though you already have a diploma, then you may register in any of the ways available, including on-line.


The $215.00 per class fee applies to In-School Youth and Refresher students.

If you are enrolling under the Pathways to Graduation Under NH Law option, contact your guidance counselor at the last school you attended or now attend.


To register for the Alternative Diploma program, come to our office or give us a call at (603)357-0088.

Alternative Diploma Program Announcements:

No Results Found

The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.